Break out the green! St. Patrick’s Day has evolved into a celebration of Irish culture with parades, special foods, music, dancing, and a whole lot of fun. Here are some ways to celebrate and make memories.
Make a St. Patrick’s Day Feast
Have a leprechaun show up in the night and make some trouble for the kids to find in the morning.
- dye the milk green and leave a box of lucky charms
- dye the toilet water green
- unravel toilet paper
- trails of shamrock confetti or glitter
- leave gold coins all over the house
- leave green kiss marks on everyone’s forehead
Go get a Shamrock Shake (or make your own)
Gift a potted Oxalis (shamrock) plant
Try out some Irish dance steps
Enjoy a St. Patrick’s Day movie (Leap Year with Amy Adams is PG-rated family-friendly option)
Make Green Treats
- Mint Chocolate Pudding Cookies
- Mint Oreo Balls
- Shamrock Pretzel Pops
- Shamrock Rice Krispie Treats
- Green Poke Cake
Plan a St. Patrick’s Day scavenger hunt to find a treasure
Let the shenanigans begin and don’t get pinched!